Re: HAMSAT ( VUSAT )

----- Original Message -----
From: "A.R Pratap Kumar" <comex@vsnl.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 8:00 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] HAMSAT ( VUSAT )

.
> Uplink freq 435.25MHz; down link 145.90 MHz. Bcn freq 145.86Mhz and aux
bcn
> 145.94MHz.Use CW,USB,FM avoid power>100w erp.
> AMSAT INDIA will keep you  the updated of orbit data after the launch once
> week or as and when major changes are effected.
Wishing HAMSAT all the success and hoping to work a lot of DX.
> Best 73
> Pop
> VU2POP
> Secretary  AMSAT INDIA regd.

Hi Pop, VU2POP

For VUSAT you says Uplink freq 435.25 MHz but what is please the beginning
and the end of the nominal passband for the uplink ?

Same question for downlink.

Since you says the down link is 145.90 MHz ,one beacon is at 145.860 MHz
and the other one is at 145.940 MHz I argue that the downlink passband
should be about 80 KHz large.

It is correct ?

Where to get more info about VUSAT in order to know the TLM format
and how to decode the data ?

In my opinion the FM use should not be allowed in a linear transponder in
wich CW and SSB modes are operating as this was for good reason the
AMSAT roule for all satellites carring linear transponders since OSCAR-6

Another point to clarify is that you says to use USB but for wath for the
uplink ?

If I must use USB for the uplink it means that the VUSAT transponder having
to translate me USB in 2 meters is a non inverting type and this is bad for
doppler compensation because both uplink and downlink doppler adds istead
of subtract.

I route the above questions to William as well wich is the VUSAT transponder
designer.

Tanks for your informations and finger crossed for VUSAT

73" de

i8CVS Domenico