Re: More progress on P3e MODE-UV

At 09:06 PM 4/14/2005 +0200, Luc Langehegermann wrote:
>Folks,
>
>If you take some some and look the various webpages about p3e information,
you
>will find quite some informations that the Mode UV transponder also will
have
>an 100kHz wide linear passband.
>
>Some examples of webpages from amsat germany: (not all in english language)
>
>Frequency proposal:
>
>http://www.amsat-dl.org/p3e/tabelle.htm
>
>This articele states, that the frequencies have been coordinated by the IARU
>satellite board (in German)
>
>http://www.amsat-dl.org/go-mars/html/frequenzen_koordiniert.html
>
>Nice one page description, which also states linear transponders: (in German)
>
>http://www.amsat-dl.org/go-mars/pdf/p3e.pdf
>

>I suppose the information on the amsat-na webpage, there is simply an small
>mistake, and someone forgot about the linear passband in the 2m transmitter.
>

>73, Luc
>----

Gentlemen,

The first link is most useful for english readers.  It is interesting to
see that there will be a 100-KHz passband for mode-U/V.  I think this it
very important for the mainline satellite operator (and maybe bring some
back from the exodist during AO-40?).  Even interesting is the 150-KHz
passband for mode-L/S.  The other microwave 25-KHz slots will be
interesting to watch but not many will participate directly.

I hope that Amsat-NA info will get updated since this is where the majority
of US hams are looking for info.  We have some very good volunteers
maintaining the new website and providing information, so this is in no way
criticism.

I just made a presentation to a local satellite group last weekend and
showed several of the features now on the website.  Its always interesting
to see things thru the eyes of the "regular ham".

73's
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>