Re: Linux Tracking Software

Quoting Gregg Wonderly <gregg@wonderly.org>:

> Jim Jerzycke wrote:
> > hamlib is not available as an rpm....it changes too
> > often!
>
> RPM supports versioning, I'm not sure that's a good reason to not
> provide an RPM of the latest build to simplify installation.  Not
> everyone installs all the build tools and has the skills to do the
> build.
>
> I do think it would be great if everyone could be given the time and
> knowledge to do this, but I think is a bit of a stretch to demand it.
>
> Gregg Wonderly
> W5GGW

Here's a follow up letter that I sent directly to Tim. Perhaps these rpms
are being rolled by a third party.

Tim:

What distribution are you using? I have one or both of these working on two
machines, one FedoraCore2, the other FedoraCore3. I'm at the Fedora2
machine right now, and it only has gpredict on it. Now that I've looked at
it, I compiled that one from source, which didn't take any time at all,
though I did install the hamlib rpm from
http://sw.hamspot.com/sw/hamradio/fedora-2-i386/
Unfortunately, this site doesn't have a gpredict rpm. There might have been
some fancy GTK library I needed, too (for gpredict).

Ktrack rpms for FC3 were pretty simple. I think I got mine from:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/3/i386/ktrack-0.3.0-10.rc1.fc3.i386.html
There's also
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/3/i386/ktrack-0.3.0-10.rc1.fc3.i386.html

73, VE9QRP
--
Bruce Robertson,
Dept. of Classics, Mount Allison University