RE: Fodtrack readout

Line 36 of fodtrack.cfg 0 for South 1 for North

From: "Electronic Dep" <matronics@hotmail.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Fodtrack readout
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:05:20 +0000

Hi Amsats,

I've constructed a FODTRACK that works well, but I
noticed that: the "starting point" (or terminating) of bearing-rotator is
straight to SOUTH (180), probably that is the program's default.
Is it possible to change that by 180, in order
to terminate the rotor in the opposite direction? (terminate to NORTH).

I wondering, because if you have a Digital readout(DVM) into the Shack,
the problem with SOUTH "starting-point" is unsolved till now for me.
For example,if the reference voltage is 0 V on DVM, the antenna looking
to SOUTH (180).
If the ref.voltage is 0.180 V, the antenna looking to NORTH (360) !
If the ref.voltage is 0.359 V, the antenna looking to 179 SOUTH !
Exactly the opposite that the DIGITAL readout needs.

(In contrast, if the starting point is straight to NORTH, the "bearing"
is equal to DVM indication, ie 0V=0, 0.90V=90, 0.180V=180 etc).

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards

John Smith