sat use of TR-751E/851E

Hello list,

I've worked many LEO QSO with a home made arrow-like antenna and TR-9130/FT-780R
pair of rtx. The rigs works pretty well, I also added an home made tone encoder
to the TR-9130 to allow me working SO-50 and AO-51, so I'm quite happy with them.
Now I could get a TR-751E/TR-851E pair; these are newer radios (than mine at
least, HI) and with better performance (so I could improuve also tropo/meteor
scatter work), but reading the manual I found that these radio can tune minimum
in 5 KHz steps when in FM mode. Now I'm wondering if they are suitable for
satellite use (I'm used to manually tune both TR-9130 and FT-780R in
1 kHz steps when working FM sats), also one of these days I should try working
digital sats (one of these years at least...). I'm interested in others'
opinion and experience of real use of all these rigs. Thanks in advance
and best 73

Francesco 	IS0FKQ (ex IZ5DWF)