Re: Counter program

James Murray wrote:
> looking for stand alone program that works like a egg timer.  want to use it
> on extra computer to count down time till satellite is in range, and send
> some alert tones i can hear when not in radio room.
>
> thanks for all who reply to this old man
> Jim
> http://www.knology.net/~w4lwt

James, well this "old man" is replying to you with a suggestion.  I too
have the same problem but have found a good old fashioned kitchen timer
that costs less than five bucks is just great!!  First of all it can be
set for GMT time and usually is far better than any computer clock other
than those with special chips.  Secondly and most importantly, the
kitchen timer has a lower alarm tone which we can HEAR for a change!!!
There usually is a button for TIME and TIMER.  Time in GMT is fine but
time to the next satellite passage in hours/minutes and seconds is
better.  These timers have a magnet for placement on refrigerators have
saved my bacon many times when the fool "squeaky" alarm clock fails!
They have a guttural, lower tone that can be heard anywhere.
Cliff K7RR