73's,
Chris
KC2BBU

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Pellenz" <pellenzc@upstate.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Recommendations for repair services?

>I HIGHLY recommend the Yaesu repair center in Cerritos, Ca.
> (Vertex-Standard maybe now).  Factory repair at very reasonable rates....
> bet many of you would be surprised at how reasonably priced they are.
> 73's
> Chris

Howdy Chris:

My personal experience with the Yaesu repair facility in CA has been very
surprising indeed ....they wanted to charge me $400 to replace the finals in

an FT840 when you could buy one new for $500.........I don't call that
reasonable.....might be more closely described as highway robbery:-)

I have not purchased a Yaesu HF radio since....and never will.  If/when my
Ten Tec Orion requires repair I can be sure that I will get charged very
reasonable rates for superior service....this is based again on previous
experience.

My satellite radio is an IC910...no problems yet but I dread the thought:-)

Of course your mileage may vary (grin)

                                        73, Joe W2KJ