Re: Technical question about RF absorbtion

Hi AMSATs,

Try to get the materials they use in EMC test
chambers. This material is highly RF absorbing
material.

Carbon is also a good RF absorber, so try some carbon
:o)

However, I think you will get smoke when you wrap the
RF absorbing material around the antenna in a  vacuum
chamber and use several watts of RF power. In the
vaccuum you need to find a way to get ride of the
heat, produced by the RF absorbing material...

I would better put the RF material on the chamber
walls, as it will not disturb the antenna vswr and
still absorbs the RF.

I guess the chamber is from metal. With a none metal
cover you can just put the whole thing outside and let
it radiate its RF power into the sky :o)

73
William
---
http://mail.yahoo.com