Re: Spiral antennas

> Has anyone tried a spiral antenna for satellite work or maybe a feed for
> dish?

AMSAT Italy had designed and built 4 planar spiral antennas for ARISS
project.
These items are currently installed outside Zvezda module and cover
1.2-2.5GHz
band with a flatness of 1dB.

I have built and tested personally (with HP8714 VNA) four items; sorry but
at this
moment i haven't any photo with me.

Description are contained in AMSAT-I News (newsletter) of two years ago,
but is written in
italian language.  If interested, i can do a translation in near future.

Paolo Pitacco, IW3QBN

[AMSAT Italy]