Re: Unused resource.......AO-07

In my experience, a 3/4 wave gp is a great receiving antenna for LEOs. Better
than 1/4 WL because of a tiny gain but especially because of the more favourable
elevation pattern for satellite work. With such antenna for 70 cm and with
a mag mount collinear for 2 m (mounted horizontally, "beaming" north/south)
I have solid copy of FO29 and AO7 from horizon to horizon. With 30/40 watts
on the uplink on both bands, these simple antennas provide consistent, reliable
communications.

73 Piero HB9DSU

*** Music, ham radio and more - http://www.qsl.net/hb9dsu ***