From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Freeman P. Pascal IV
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 01:19 PM
To: Ronald Long
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Rebuilding KLM-14C Polarity Switcher

Ron,

If the relay functions and white casing around the relay is simply damaged,
I may have a solution for you. I found that one of the game pieces from my
kids "Thin Ice" game as an exact fit for replacing the cover on the relay.
Simply slip it on and apply a bit of silicon weather seal around the base. I
use this trick on both my KLM 2m and 70cm antennas.

If you are not familiar with the "Thin Ice" game, it is the game where you
place the white blocks in a frame and hammer out each block each turn until
the whole falls through. It's a classic kids game.

-Freeman, N5FPP