Re: R: 1269 power???

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to get into AO51 with my 10W output into a coffeecan
Antenna on the 2025z pass over europe. It was not working because of much
traffic, but it was not qrm. Why I'm thinking that it could have worked when
the satellite uplink frequency would have been free is because when a german
station was working the satellite with nearly noise free signal, I pushed
the ptt for a second and heared clearly a "whisteling" on the downlink. So
that does not say that my signal would have been readable even if the uplink
was free, but my signal would clearly be noticeable. Of course this setup
will not give more than 40 W eirp linear polarized, so it is not possible to
get into the sat, when the uplink is not free.

But it was a nice evening test, unfortunately I'm only able to see a quarter
of the sky from my balcony, so most of the time I'm only able to get one
half of one pass half a day ....

I'm looking forward to do more testing with the L uplink!

73s de Andy, oe1dmb

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl