Re: New Rotor on the market Coming

On 30 Mar 2005 at 14:43, Angelo Glorioso wrote:

> I was surfing the web and came accross this web site. It looks like a New
> AZ/EL rotor will be coming out.
>
> http://www.alfaradio.ca/alfaspid-1.html
>
>  Anyone ever heard of this company??
>
> Angelo

I just finish the installation of an azimuthal alfa-spid. After 23
years my tailtwister motor burn out when  i try to manually
track AO-51 (It could happen on any LEO sat). I think the back and
forth movement kill the rotor.

Very hard to tell you much as i'm just starting to use it but here is
my first impressions.

1-intallation very easy mounting plate is even available with already
drilled holes.

2-Can be fitted inside a TV type tower section (DME type)

3-Mechanical construction very strong and attachment bolts fitting 8
for top and 8 for bottom section can hold quite a load and swing.

4- No break and rotor can hold and turn a lot of torque.

5-Control box very easy to use with even program simulation who can
emulate spid,orion hygain yaesu rotor

6-It turn my 7,5 ' foot dish without any problem up till now even
under high winds

7- Can be run on 12 and 24 volts DC power i used about 29 volts to
compensate for line losses (2 to 3 amps is enough to drive it)

Its my first comments i stumble on it when i was searching for parts
for my tailtwister.

If you called them just say hello to Craig and Mitch and tell them
they are great guy's, very calm and polite even with very demanding
customers like me... You can tell them VE2DWE is recommending their
Spid rotor to the sat's users.

Next test to be done "test on a LEO pass" The mouse control is quite
special worth a try.

P.S. I'm not related to the company in any way

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583