Re: 1269 power???

Perry,

What you putting the 10 watts into?  I've used 10 watts through 75' of 9913 to a 20 turn helix and made a few contacts on AO-51.

Did you double check PL tone (oh, not necessary during this period) ?  Uplink frequency?  Adjust for Doppler?

It is marginal, but should work---well, it has in the past anyhow.  I was not able to attempt the pass last night, and doubtful I can today (depends on the 1st evening pass and how long the bird stays in this mode!)

Experimenter's Day is just too short :)

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "Perry Yantis" <pyantis@earthlink.net>
> Date: 2005/03/30 Wed AM 11:07:43 EST
> To: "Amsat BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] 1269 power???
>
> How much power are you using to access AO51 when using 1269 uplink???
>
> I have only 10 watts and thought that would at least get me into the bird
> but it doesn't.
>
> I did hear myself on AO40 in the past but it was weak.
>
> I figured that with AO51 being in a lower orbit that 10 watts would work OK.
>
> I guess I will have to look around for a 1269 amp??
>

> Perry Yantis WB8OTH
> pyantis@earthlink.net

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]