No Subject

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/109a.txt

I need  about 60 kHz bandwidth at the IF to
pass a 38k4 signal.

The first  filter in the receiver is just a
single crystal, which I think I can leave  in
the circuit as is.

The second filter (FL2) in the receiver  is,
I think, a CFW455E, which has a bandwidth of
about 15 kHz. This is  too narrow for 38k4.

Since this is a "no budget" ham radio  project,
can I get something that works if I replace the
CFW455E filter  with 0.001 uF capacitors? I'm
not exactly sure how to do this since the
filter has *three* pins.