More on full-duplex HT's - Alinco DJ-G5T

As I pointed out earlier, the DJ-G5T offers full-duplex operation with the
disadvantage of not being able to easily tune the receive frequency for
doppler, because you must switch bands to tune....

I discovered today that it offers a half-duplex split mode which will allow
you to tune your downlink without switching bands (but not while actually
transmitting), however, you cannot hear the downlink while transmitting.

To enter this mode, select either the right or left band, and enter VFO mode
by pressing the appropriate band key.  If you choose VFO "A" for downlink,
then press the function button and the band key to set VFO "A" to UHF, then
press the band key to select VFO "B", and if necessary, press the function
key and band key to set VFO "B" to VHF.  Dial up the uplink frequency on VFO
"B", switch to VFO "A" and set the downlink frequency.  Program any
necessary tone ON THE DOWNLINK band (I know it sounds strange, but that's
where the HT gets its settings from in split mode...), then press function
and the SHIFT key until +- appears in the display.  Now you can listen (and
tune) on VFO "A", and the radio will automatically switch to VFO "B" when
you transmit.

So, you can have full-duplex and a lot of button-pushing to tune for
doppler, or half-duplex and easy tuning......  six of one, half-dozen of the
other.

George, KA3HSW