RE: AO-51 V/S. Live Demo of ECHO over New Zealand and Australia

Mike,

Hello and good morning.

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, but have been at the VHF Convention
here in Wellington this weekend.

See www.vhf.org.nz if interested. See the "Echo Demo" for this morning.

Yes, we made the contact using 2m up, 2.4 GHz down, on our test Friday
morning.

We hope to have a "practice test" of the Echo pass off to the east of New
Zealand, in just over an hour from now, at 8:40 am Sunday morning, New
Zealand Standard Time, being 20:39 UTC Saturday.

The "Live Demo" is during the pass at 10:06 am NZST, being 2208 UTC Saturday
26th March.

This pass covers all of New Zealand, and the eastern half of Oz, so hope
another station might be on.

Must go, the demo gets closer ...

Regards,
Jim Towler, ZL1TYF