Re: Part of a bigger problem!!!

At 11:04 AM 3/25/05 -0500, VE2DWE wrote:
>On 25 Mar 2005 at 8:12, Nigel KC8NHF/G8IFF wrote:
>
> > I don't think we want him in the UK. He's just a fool who argues about
> > everything anyone says whilst apparently knowing nothing of the truth.
>
>I wrote...
>
>I'm always astonish how far simple
>things can go here on this BB? It is only a BB problem or a part of a
>more complex problem?

It's a Board of Directors problem.  There's only so much money out there
available in donations for satellite construction.  Not everyone donates.

The board had a project called Eagle, which a lot of us wanted,  and
knowing that there is only so much money available for projects, they chose
to shove a LEO in our face instead of continuing on with the project
already on the workbench.

Back when we were doing P3E they had a five or six year pledge system that
members could commit to and when you made your yearly donation, you got a
little sticker for your certificate.

Just sticking a thermometer on the Amsat home page doesn't seem like the
Board is overly committed to a fund raising campaign for Eagle.  It's
certainly not like the massive fund drive we had for AO-40.  It's also hard
to drum up money and generate enthusiasm for projects when you can't tell
if anyone is even working on it.  When people see pictures of modules,
space frames, antennas, and transponders, or someone holding a soldering
iron, it gets them excited and they donate.

I wonder if the Board even wants Eagle.

KB7ADL