Re: Mode L uplink antennas

In fact if you look you will find the model 2414LYM:  14-element, 3-foot
long, rear-mount, 15 dBi loop yagi for $77.00.
No need to buy the large antenna if you have no need for the extra gain.

I have two 2345LY loop-yagis (20-dBi, 12-foot).  One got smashed to
"antenna heaven"  in the 65-mph+ windstorm of 2003.  The other is mounted
with my satellite array (modes-V,U,L,S).  This summer I am thinking of
adding another 2345 and stacking them both inside my 2m-eme array for local
terrestrial 1296 use.  I am hoping to have mode-L/S added to my 8-foot dish
this year, also.

I used the original 2345LY mode-L/S on AO-40 with no troubles.

If you are thinking of having antennas capable of working P3E (in one year)
or Eagle (later), you might want to invest in more gain!

73's Ed - AL7EB