Re: Ao51 V/S

Mike,

I think that will be the difficulty, finding a Drake convertor.  Unless
someone has one listed for sale, they are non-existent.  But a good
solution for mode-L/S if you can find one.

That is my solution:  I purchased three Drakes in 1999 for $100: one
unmodified with 2401/123 MHz output and one modified for 2401/435 MHz
output.  I donated the third as a door-prize at the Amsat booth I ran
1998-2003.  The Alaska Leo Society has taken over the booth management for
me now.

For mode-U/S: I use the unmodified Drake and program my FT-847 in satellite
mode for 123-MHz Rx, 435-MHz Tx.
For mode-L/S: I use my modified Drake and program my FT-847 in satellite
mode for 435-MHz Rx, and 145-MHz Tx.

My Downeast Microwave (DEMI) mw xtvrs all use 144-MHz IF's.  My 1268/144
Tx-conv is made by DEMI with an 15-18w output.  This model is no longer
available from DEMI.  They do have a 1268/144 low-power Tx-conv. though.
You then must acquire an amplifier to provide the necessary uplink level.

73's Ed - AL7EB