The rythme of the beat!

On 24 Mar 2005 at 21:59, wa6fwf wrote:

I think you start to get the rythme of the beat.

> I am not an accountant -but-  what I see is Amsat  brought in
291,762
> and spent 230,380  which means it was a gain of 61,382

Here what i wrote on march 24 2005

Thank's Gunther

I do some reverse calculus from page 3 on 2003 financial report base
on what you said above.

I take out all the functional expenses and i got 346859$ exactly the
total on page 11. i do the same for the revenue section lets called
it "functional revenue" and i got 408336$ subtracting on by the
other i got a gain of 61477$ and it seems to be very close from the
statements of cash flow figures on page 4.

Bottom line am i correct if i say the 61477$ is not too far away from
the truth?

My only questioning and my suggestion is to find a way to simplify
for the ordinary guy on the street the reading of the financial
statements,  by reporting it the old way or by adding a summary of
expenses vs revenues elsewhere probably in the annual report.

This way the guy on the street can easily and quickly got an overview
of the finances.

It is a simple suggestion and there is no bad intent behind this
again just a simple suggestion. I'm always astonish how far simple
things can go here on this BB? It is only a BB problem or a part of a
more complex problem?

As you see i already approximate what you and me saw on the various
documents its only a matter to summarized for the casual reader the
financial key figures without mixing in kind services, depreciation
on assets and so on. Just to remind you my challenge was for the
audited financial statement only.

> So Luc there you have it... are you happy now?  I would bet a
dollar to a donut that
> you will not be happy  and will find something new to complain
about....

It's not a mater to be happy or not but a matter of understanding as
for the membership figures put as i said the EXACT number of members
instead of guessing about from the membership revenue eg: For year
2000 AMSAT members 4000 for year 2001 45000 members and so on.

Again it is a suggestion no need to panic and nothing to get mad
about!

Save your dollar and don't eat too much donut you can became
overweight as me and no young girl will ever run after you. See my
pictures 27 years ago before i start to eat junk food on
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe

P.S. to BOD officers no need to reply the case is close without your
intervention. Lest say problems have been solved by the base and at
the base.

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator