RE: Ao51 V/S

Pedro,

If you want full-duplex, running the Kenwood TS-2000 in Sat. mode, you will
need to do a few things:

1) Upgrade the firmware to 1.4 so you can enable the 67 Hz subtone in Sat
mode,

2) Have the down-converter come out on a band OTHER then your uplink band,
hence the down converter needs to go into UHF or HF-1 or HF-2 connectors on
the rig, and be on some freq in those ranges.

Else if you don't want to use full duplex, then you won't need the firmware
upgrade, as the 67 Hz subtone can be enabled without problem. Same idea for
downlink into the UHF or HF connectors. You can then have the downlink come
out on any freq. within range of the radio.

If you want to donwlink to the VHF connector, then of course you need to
ensure you have an enternal changover or something so as to NOT transmit
into your downconverter.

Maybe a bit like teaching you things you already know ("... How to suck eggs
..."), but I hope that's of use.

I have not attempted the above yet, as my only current down-converter comes
out on 2m.

Regards,
Jim Towler, ZL1TYF
Wellington
New Zealand.

P.S. Hope to attempt to receive AO-51/Echo on 2.4 GHz downlink for the first
time, on the pass due in just one hour from now. Going to attempt it with
two handhelds, so not the TS2000 solution as above. Our down-converter comes
out on 2m, so need to rigs for full-duplex.