Re: In-Kind Services

At 08:32 AM 3/24/2005, Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:
<much deleted>

>Keep this new way of reporting AMSAT finance if you still feel it  is
>useful but a simple note saying you evaluated the "in kind" services
>to an XYZ amount will be much better than adding it on one side and
>subtracting it on the other side of the statement sheet.
>
>Why complicated simple things?

Because that is the way that grown-ups in positions of responsibility
prepare official and acceptable financial statements as required by the law
and good accounting practices.

A financial statement is what it is, and is prepared by specific formula
and rules ....

You are supposed to be an area coordinator for goodness sake. If you have
problems with basic philosophy/operations, wouldn't it be best to take it
up with the organization off-line, or else resign your position before
posting all of this stuff ?

It really is getting old ....

Dave VE3GYQ/W8
Lima, Ohio

(turning the Luc-filter back on)

David B. Toth, MD    mailto:ve3gyq@amsat.org
Lima, Ohio

  "We are all ignorant, only in different ways, and no one is as
   ignorant as an educated man outside his own field" - Will Rogers