Da: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] Per conto di
OZ1MY
Inviato: mercoledì 23 marzo 2005 23.06
A: AMSAT-BB
Oggetto: [amsat-bb] QRM report over Europe with AO-51 in QRP mode

Hi all,

QRM report over Europe with AO-51 in QRP mode.

Wednesday 23rd March AO-51 is in QRP mode without PL-tone so that it is
possible to find possible QRM on the 145.880 MHz uplink.

Resume:
145.880 MHz is a much better uplink frequency for us here in Europe. Much
less QRM - but unfortunately problems from the Golf area even with this
uplink frequency.

Here is a rundown of my findings:

I have listened to several passes during the day from my QTH in Copenhagen.
Took the day off  to be able to listen most of the day. Do not tell my boss
!

AOS 0839 UTC. Pass from North to South to the East of me. Max. elevation 31
degrees.
No QRM from Russian telephone networks - in fact no QRM until the footprint
reached the usual trouble area in the Gulf region. Once it was there it was
impossible to work QRP on the uplink.

AOS 1018 UTC. Pass from North to South to the East of me. Max. elevation 48
degrees.
None of the usual QRM - but a little Spanish conversation at the end of the
pass.

AOS 1157 UTC. Pass from North to South to the West of me. Max. elevation 12
degrees.
None of the usual QRM - but a little French conversation at the end of the
pass.

AOS 1336 UTC. North. Max elevation 2 degrees.
No QRM.

AOS 1648 UTC. Pass South to North to the East. Max. elevation 5 degrees.
A little Russian talk - nothing serious. The footprint did not reach the
Gulf area.

AOS 1822 UTC. Pass South to North to the East. Max. elevation 20 degrees.
The usual blocking by signals from the Golf Area. Once the footprint was
clear of that it was possible to work QRP again.
A little bit of Russian telephone network - but low power - easy to break
through even running QRP.

AOS 2000 UTC. Pass South to North to the East of me. Max. elevation 86
degrees.
In the start of the window a bit of QRM from the Gulf area - slight blocking
from that. Later the largest problem was that a lot of people do not run
QRP. May be they never heard about it.

AOS 2140 UTC. Pass South to North to the West of me. Max. elevation 19
degrees.
No QRM. The only problem is that high power stations are working even if it
is QRP day.

73 OZ1MY
Ib