Re: Re: Communicating

The 290 and 790 arevery popular in England, so they are cheap on the used
market there. They are not nearly so popular here, hence they are more
expensive.

But comparable values are available here.

I recently purchased an old 70 cm FT680 for $150 and had previously
purchased a Kenwood TS9130 for 2 M for $200. I have seen Icom 290s going for
the same or lower price. An IC-251A recently was advertised on the VHF
reflector for $225.

You need to keep your eyes open and let it be known what you are looking
for. Values are out there. You just have to look, look, look, and be
patient. - Duffey
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65