Re[2]: in-kind services

Step softly, there, friend.

Replies within.

73 de Lowell
K9LDW

On 3/23/2005 at 2:52 PM Luc Leblanc VE2DWE wrote:

>On 23 Mar 2005 at 7:48, Lowell White wrote:
>
>> Hi and THANK YOU to those who have, in fact, donated "in-kind" services
>to AMSAT whether or not they have been officially catalogued or recognized.
>>
>> It is a pleasure to be affiliated with a group that, quibbles or
>not, has a common interest in advancing the state of the art of
>Amateur Radio; promoting the hobby; and giving us something more
>interesting and intellectually challenging than many other hobbies
>afford.
>>
>> Having "donated" efforts to help others start various companies and
>having provided "free consulting" (e.g. portions of Corporate IT
>Strategy, Data Center security plans, etc. - using experiences from
>paying Fortune 500 clients), I certainly believe that donating
>efforts does not diminish their value.  Just because one does not
>receive tangible payment for their professional (or educated
>hobby)services they opted to provide at no cost does not reduce it's
>value.
>>
>> Kind regards & 73,
>>
>> Lowell
>> K9LDW
>>

>Exactly there is nothing about the value of all "in kind services"
>its great and this should be continued that's the base of any non
>profit organization.
>
>Again i'm not questioning the fact that we put a money value for
>theses donated free of charge services but the fact it is added as a
>money revenue where in fact there was no money exchange at all.

I agree that such donations cannot be counted as revenue.
I also see that there is an intrinsic value, which can be stated, though not for true financial accounting purposes.  It does not hurt anything to underscore the sentiment / recognize the "value"  of donated labor.

>If someone can give any reason why the BOD wants us to believed in
>artificially increased revenue or artificially reducing losses
>instead of stating his own background experience.  I think we can
>from here hope to get real answers instead of futile discussions.
>
>There is some questions ask and with someone who is "using
>experiences from paying Fortune 500 clients)" he should be aware that
>Martha Stewart is also under the fortune 500 and with this background
>he can surely answer on the real issues...
>
>Does he don't understand the question? i think it is quite impossible
>with this impressive background!

See above, please.

Make YOUR stock market success easier!
We average more than 6% per month returns at www.easytradesignals.com