Re: in-kind services

On 23 Mar 2005 at 7:48, Lowell White wrote:

> Hi and THANK YOU to those who have, in fact, donated "in-kind" services to AMSAT whether or not they have been officially catalogued or recognized.
>
> It is a pleasure to be affiliated with a group that, quibbles or
not, has a common interest in advancing the state of the art of
Amateur Radio; promoting the hobby; and giving us something more
interesting and intellectually challenging than many other hobbies
afford.

> Having "donated" efforts to help others start various companies and
having provided "free consulting" (e.g. portions of Corporate IT
Strategy, Data Center security plans, etc. - using experiences from
paying Fortune 500 clients), I certainly believe that donating
efforts does not diminish their value.  Just because one does not
receive tangible payment for their professional (or educated
hobby)services they opted to provide at no cost does not reduce it's
value.

> Kind regards & 73,
>
> Lowell
> K9LDW

Exactly there is nothing about the value of all "in kind services"
its great and this should be continued that's the base of any non
profit organization.

Again i'm not questioning the fact that we put a money value for
theses donated free of charge services but the fact it is added as a
money revenue where in fact there was no money exchange at all.

If someone can give any reason why the BOD wants us to believed in
artificially increased revenue or artificially reducing losses
instead of stating his own background experience.  I think we can
from here hope to get real answers instead of futile discussions.

There is some questions ask and with someone who is "using
experiences from paying Fortune 500 clients)" he should be aware that
Martha Stewart is also under the fortune 500 and with this background
he can surely answer on the real issues...

Does he don't understand the question? i think it is quite impossible
with this impressive background!

Still awaiting answers?  Should i ask directly naming BOD people?

Ignoring questions and opinions from membership was a trend before is
this natural tendency is coming back again?

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583