Re: Re: Communicating

Tim I suggest you think about this hobby of ours again and maybe take up
knitting.
Its not about exclusivity, but about having fun and communicating by
whatever means are available to you.I set up a complete station for
AO-40 for under $1000 Australian, about $500 US at the time. After
working almost 75 countries from this obscure neck of the woods called
Western Australia in just over a year I felt it was money well spent.
However Leo satellites offer nothing for me that I cant do on my local
2mtr repeater. As has been said many times before you are extremely
lucky in the US and Europe , you have people to contact on the Leo's ,
not so here or South Africa or South America.
As for your comments about "gollywog" satellites ( and I dont really
understand what you mean) One day you will have money to spend on a
hobby and if that helps you work DX on satellites you will enjoy it,
dont knock those of us who really enjoy longer conversations than a
quick exchange of grid squares and the chance to use sstv and other
modes on the sats..
If you dont understand where I'm coming from then I suggest knitting
would be a more suitable hobby than this challenging exciting hobby of
satellites, microwaves , antennas that so many of us really enjoy.
You obviously dont have one drop of DX'ers blood.
73 from one who is desperately waiting for P3E
Keith
VK6XH

--
Keith Bainbridge