Re: under used asset

Hi Bob,

  I think that using AO-7 or FO-29 to compare are bad examples because
they are still LEOs technically.  Most users that have SSB capability
can use FM LEOs as well so they don't use it because they have
relatively the same footprint that the current LEOs have.  Frankly,
this is why I'm in no hurry to get SSB gear.  Now a HEO lets you talk
to 1/2 the world at once.  This will bring people out of the woodwork
and it'll definitely get my interest in getting a station that can use
HEOs.  You can have longer chats on the FM LEOs by trying a late pass.
 I've talked almost entire passes with people on really late night
passes.

What I don't understand is why don't the various AMSAT throughout the
world pool together on the HEO sats and LEOs for that matter.  They
serve the entire world when they fly so why not unite on that.  I'm
amazed that AMSAT can launch sats that cost as much as they do.  Keep
up the good work.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.