Re: Re: MAX1473

David, Yes, I was quite excited about that chip until I saw that strange AGC
characteristic.  It might be good for commanding where only one station is to
be acknowledged, but otherwise rather difficult.  I looked at the 1472 and 1470
as well.  The 1472 might do as it is crystal controlled in an 8 pin package.
I wish I had more time to determine the value of these chips.  Cliff K7RR