Re: AO-27

Hi Allen,

Good thought, but it is definitely too early.  If you follow the AO-27
orbit using something 3D,  and center over the south pole,  you will see
that AO-27 never goes into eclipse this time of year.  My simulation shows
it doesn't go into eclipse until 9 May at 07:37 UTC and even then only for
less than a minute.

My guess is that it hit a low power condition and turned off.  With luck
the batteries are still in good condition and the satellite can be turned
back on again.

73,

Emily

At 05:54 PM 3/19/2005 -0600, N5AFV wrote:
>Emily:
>
>You may remember last year that AO-27 was off a long time because of a
>seasonal orbit pattern where (if I remember correctly) it is in eclipse
>and can not keep the batteries charged.  My log for last year shows no
>AO-27 passes from 19 April to 29 June.  Maybe the orbit shifts with time
>and the same pattern has set in for this year, but a month earlier.
>
>Allen

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org