Re: recomendation for preamp

Hi Nick,

Nice to hear from you!

I have used a few of the preamps and can recommend the
DEM or SSB electronic units.

For receive-only, the Down East Microwave 70LNAWP at
$100 is a very good deal and works great.

If you also need to transmit on the same antenna, the
SSB SP-7000 provides automatic T/R switching up to 100
watts and can handle up to 500 watts with an appropriate
sequencer. It is around $250 and it works just as well
as the DEM unit though it is somewhat more sensitive to
mode-J overload. I use a comet "Duplexor" in front of the
preamp to eliminate the desense.

The DEM unit will also benefit from a "Duplexor" if
your 2m antenna is too close to the 70cm antenna.

Best of luck! and 73,
Tony AA2TX