RE: Donations VS currency exchange rates

Luc,

Good question about the exchange rates.  I checked and even a cross
conversion to Euros will not work to either your advantage or AMSAT.

I don't know if this is possible, but, if AMSAT has any Canadian vendors
or expenditures that go to Canada, and they pay frequently enough, then
AMSAT setting up a Canadian bank account with Canadian funds could work.
Then Canadians would not loose the devaluation and the Canadian vendor
would quote in Canadian dollars and get paid in Canadian dollars.

I guess the question would be what is the frequency of these
transactions and donations. Also, for some reason in the US, the post
office keeps changing IRC policies and if you go to the post office, the
answer usually, "huh?"

In the US, the tax savings can be anywhere from 15 to 39% federal and
depending on the state another few %.

73
Greg
N3MVF