Re: Donations VS currency exchange rates

"Luc Leblanc VE2DWE" <luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca> wrote:

>It's near the same here the only one problem AMSAT should file for a
>charitable organization number. I will look at it i don't know if the
>organization should have Canadian base?

There have been discussions about setting up
AMSAT-Canada so that Canadian donors could at
least get a tax deduction on their donations. Nothing
ever came of them, as far as I know.

There is precedent, like the organizations that are the
Canadian representatives of U.S. PBS TV stations, so that
Canadians can support PBS and get tax deductions.
Here's a local (for me) example:

<http://www.kcts.org/inside/publicnetwork/pacific/index.asp>

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte