Re: Donations VS currency exchange rates

> Luc and others outside USA:
>
> For US taxpayers, charitible contributions reduce your taxable
income so
> the benefit is what ever amount you give times the tax percentage
bracket
> you are in.  Example:  you contribute $100 and your income tax
bracket is
> 20% of adjusted gross income.  You save = 100 x .20 = $20.
>
> The other problem you mention: contributing in $Can.  I have found
that the
> easiest way to take care of this is by use of a credit card like
VISA or
> MC.  The major credit card companies will do the conversion
automatically

It's near the same here the only one problem AMSAT should file for a
charitable organization number. I will look at it i don't know if the
organization should have Canadian base?

Here one IRC cost 3.50$ cnd it will be interesting to see how an IRC
worth elsewhere?

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator