Donations VS currency exchange rates

On 17 Mar 2005 at 19:03, Jim Wright wrote:

> Having been without a cable modem for the last few days, I got back
> online today to find a few hundred messages about:
> 1.  HEO/LEO  and
> 2.  Experimental Wednesday schedule.
>
> Just my opinions, but seems to me:
>
> 1.  If you aren't a member of AMSAT, you are not part of the
solution,
> but a part of the problem.  Join AMSAT and contribute.

Yes but in the present launch outcome P3E is the one to contribute.
As soon as P3E will be up and running contribute to Eagle.

For the tax incentive i don't know how much a 100$ donation can
return back in US but is this is making a real incentive? For the
rest of the world there is no deduction available "i think" and any
donations is a direct withdrawal from the pocket.

The problem the currency exchanges rates. if i want to donate in CND$
i have to suffer a 26% rate penalty in regard of the US$.

Could be there is a way to make the most of our donations without
loosing a part of it due to money exchange rates?

IRC'S seems to have a more stable value in regards of stamps value.
As many AMSAT'S have postal fees could be there is a way to donate
via IRC'S?

Any ideas here?

"-"
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE