Re: Satpc32 CAT tuning with ic-910h - I need help

Hello,
I answerded Charles' mail off the list.  Since I received already similar
questions here some hints how the SatPC32 CAT steering should work:

a. When the user selects a satellite for which the aux. file Doppler.SQF
contains frequency data the program should set the radio's frequencies and
modes to these values +/- actual Doppler shifts, provided CAT control is
activated (C+).

Important The option DDE CAT in the menu 'Options' must be UN-CHECKED when
the radio is connected to a COM port.

b. The program should update the frequencies in the SatPC32 FREQUENCY WINDOW
once per second, due to the changes of the Doppler shift.

c. It should update the RADIO'S  frequencies when the Doppler shift of the
higher of both frequencies changed a certain amount of Hertz (interval). The
interval is 100 Hz with SSB satellites and 600 Hz with FM satellites by
default. These settings can be changed in the menu CAT.
The program does not update the radio's frequencies every second. This is
un-necessary and would take a lot of PC time, particularly with Icom radios.
To change both frequencies the Icom transceivers  require 4 CAT commands
with a delay of at least 70 ms between 2 commands at a CAT baud rate of
19200  (possibly higher with lower baud rates).

d. With SSB satellites the user can tune around the passband with the VFO
knob. 1 or 2 seconds after he stopped moving the knob the program should
tune the TX frequency to the right value. With an IC-910H that  can be
observed best, when the radio's TRACKing function tunes the TX frequency in
the wrong direction, i.e. with FO-29 or AO-7 (which require reverse
frequency tuning) in the same direction as the RX frequency. When the user
changes the RX frequency  by - say - 10 KHz up  the TRACKing function will
tune the TX frequency also 10 KHz up. This frequency will therefore be wrong
by about 20 KHz. The program should then correct it to the right value.

73s, Erich, DK1TB