From: "Robin Callender" <robin_callender@hotmail.com>
To: "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] RFC on handhelds supporting 2-meter SSB mode
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:31:18 -0800

Along the same lines as a previous post about Full-Duplex handhelds, I would
like to ask about any handhelds supporting SSB mode(s).
I am especially interested in any handhelds which could be used as an IF
with a transconverter on the S-band.
I would believe most would be 2-meter radios, but I don't want that to be a
limit on comments.
By googling, I get a couple of radios that might qualify, most quite old --
    Icom IC-202S
    Santec LS-202A
    Mizuho MX-2S

The IC-202S seems to have been used quite often as an IF for L and S band
and some reference indiate it was used is such on AO-40.
My wish is to stay with handlheld radios, and not with mobiles (although
from the pictures of the IC-202S it sort of straddles the two types).

Thanks for any comments & 73s
Robin Callender  KE7ARL