re:P3E funding question

Thanks all for the replies and... well... one would think that before posting
here I would have checked on amsat-dl - which I do a couple of times a week,
just to be frustrated to find all the time the same scant information.

This, in my view, is the problem. Do you remember the same kind of discussion
we had on this BB at the time of the ECHO launch campaign? The one that resulted
in amsat-na posting the "donations meter"? I think we would need something
pretty much like that for P3E. And, PLEASE, more information on progress.

I want to make it clear that by this I absolutely DO NOT INTEND to criticize
our German friends, for whom I have the utmost respect and appreciation.
I am only saying that - for marketing purposes - it would be great to have,
for instance, a weekly or bi-weekly short note telling us what has happened
with the project (I am pretty sure that every week there is something new
with the construction/testing of the new bird, somtehing that we all would
be very eager to learn rather than flaming about dead horses - HEO/LEO...).
If I had German fluency, I would immediately volunteer to do that.

The same goes for financial information. I, for one, don't know if lack of
funding may delay the completion of the project and the launch. I don't know
how much is needed, how much has been donated so far. I would be happy to
- and will - contribute, as I did for ECHO, but I would like to know more.
That was the sense of my original posting.

Thanks for reading and 73.

Piero HB9DSU

*** Music, ham radio and more - http://www.qsl.net/hb9dsu ***