Operational Satellites

At 04:40 PM 3/16/2005 -0500, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>We're down to only 2 or 3 usable
>operational sateliites.

Where do you get 2 or 3?  I count 8:

As for operational satellites I show AO-7, AO-27, FO-29, GO-32, NO-44,
SO-50, AO-51 and the ISS.  We could also add RS-22, UO-11 and the CUTE 1
CubeSat to the list if you want to include satellites that still have
active beacons sending telemetry.  We might also add AO-16 which is
digipeating like NO-44 (though I haven't checked on it in a while.)  So the
list could be as high as 12 depending on your point of view.

Even if you want to argue that AO-7 and NO-44 are only semi-operational,
that still leaves 6.

Just because you don't use them doesn't make them non-operational.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org