QFH modification

Hi Amsat s,

   I wondering if has significant difference in the behavior of QFH antenna,
if we replaced the UT-141 section on Domenico's design or the "hard line"
in the US-model, with a soft copper tube which has inside  a piece of
Coaxial cable
with smaller diameter of tube's diameter (RG-174?) till the N-type connector
(pre-amp input).

 Actually, for many of us is very difficult in some cases to find a piece of
"hard-line".
The QFH antenna is simple and effective, I know that because I've tested a
QFH, but
this piece of coaxial is a big trouble !

 On the other hand, I saw several models around Internet, without this
technique.
They have a simplest feeding method: the coaxial pass through the
plastic-tube (and QFH)
and is connected in the upper-point of QFH.

Question:  is it accurate this method? if not, the modification with
copper-tube including a smaller coaxial cable is it acceptable?

 Any comment is welcome.

73, Mak SV1BSX

sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx

LAN eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by NAV 2002
                                               Virus Free