Re: AO-51 PSK31 Mode...

Did I miss a PSK-31 experiment?
I sure wish there was a weekly Tuesday post about the
plan for WED experiment days on AMSAT-BB.

Seems easier for one post to alert all 4000 of us then
to expect all 4000 of us to check the ECHO web page
every week.

Bob

>>> "Robin Alexander" <robin@tartanlatte.com> 3/15/05 11:54:09 PM >>>
Did some experimenting on the 0435 pass of AO-51 PSK tonight. Boy this looks like a tough mode. I was calling CQ test and could see but not copy my downlink until the bird got very high and then I had to turn up the Tx power to about 75W. Suspect the radiation angle of my 3 ele yagi didn't help..

Anyhow managed to copy John K6YK and also just managed to copy my downlink once. Another thing that I noticed was that the doppler as the bird went over head made it next to impossible to keep winwarbler on frequency.

Anyhow this is the receive pane from Winwarbler cut and pasted..

"DE K*f K6YK K6YK   ANYBODYERQR  I CAN'T COPY ANYVi ING, EXCEPT  KOd TZ  ON*iAND
NOW I DON'T HR HI|ANYMr RY  "

"'  a  -5st DE WYE:51 Tesr AO-51Zest DE W7YEa  W7YED s - ï e KO-51 Tesah§ AO-51 Test DE W¶D WD -51 Test DE W7ED WEocMQ Arnt iet:"

Perhaps I'll get it nailed on the next pass :-)

73's

Robin W7YED
Amsat : 35656