ASIO4ALL and sound card decoders?

Interesting article on the SDR-1000 in the current QST.  One thing which
jumped out at me was the use of the ASIO4ALL utility to improve the sound
card latency and other issues.  They are demanding maximum performance out
of the sound card in the SD$-1000, but would the use of this utility
benefit, significantly, other sound card programs?  I am thinking of
telemetry programs, or higher data rate TNC emulations?  Bob?  Anybody?

Alan
WA4SCA

Education is what allows you to confront the
prospect of change with zest instead of fear.

Admiral James B. Stockdale, USN (Ret)