Re: Re: LEO Vs. HEO

Vince - I worked many guys who keyed their 2 M FM HT as an uplink on Mode A.

The signal generated was quite distinctive, most HTs started up with a whoop
and chirp as the PLL locked in. Nearly everyone on the birds would answer
such a signal to encourage newcomers like yourself.

Again, I think that the problem is a single channel FM bird vs a linear
transponder that can support multiple QSOs, not LEO vs HEO. The two are
intertwined, but they don't need to be. - Duffey
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65