R: Quadrifilar home brew

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:57 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Quadrifilar home brew

> Apparently some people are having success after constructing the
> quadrifilar antenna described at:
>
> http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads
>
> The antenna construction file is Quadfil1.zip and describes measurements
> for 2M, 435 and wx antennas.  Very inexpensive (the N connector costs more
> than the rest of the antenna) and easy to build, but measure the lengths
> carefully, particularly at 435, and obviously a short and low loss feed
line...

> The users keep asking me for gain figures, and I have absolutely none...
> Coverage is nearly hemispherical, and estimating 2-3 db at boresite...with
> an estimated beamwidth of 150f...
>
> I have a narrative for some comparisons at ANTEVAL.TXT.
>
> Be very happy to answer questions.  I've not tried it on AO-51, but it
> should work very well reading reports on HT users...I'm very interested in
> your successes or failures...
>
> It worked, but producing a very weak signal, when AO40 was at minimum
> squint angles...Another reason for me being anxious to do the testing on
> P3E..!!!
>
>             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
>                     Disagree: I learn....
>
>                Pulling for P3E...

Hi Dave, WB6LLO

The main reason that i have experimented on 2400 MHz Quadrifilar Helix
Antennas as per AMSAT Journal May/June 2004 was to find the way to
produce a LHCP QFA to be used as a feed in a small dish having a low
F/D ratio in the order of 0.3 to 0.35

Pulling with you for P3E to verify the results !

73" de

i8CVS Domenico