Re: Opportunity

Jeff,

Excellent point...We as satellite enthusiasts need to take that message to
main-stream ham radio, though.

I think this opportunity is best for bringing DXers to use of cw/ssb HEO
satellites.  One-channel FM-LEO satellites resemble repeaters-in-the sky
too much.  And because of their lower orbit offer less DX potential.
Digital and other exotic modes will not attract them.  Mainy serious DXers
are hard-core "CW" folks.

The early demise of AO-40 is unfortunate as it would serve as a good DX
vehicle.  I'm not sure that FO-29 or AO-7 can fill these "shoes" but are
all that we have until P3E.  I mode-A or mode-B HEO is what will.

So, yes, we in satellites should keep supporting the building of P3E and
Eagle (though Eagle will arrive near the rise of the next cycle).

73's Ed - AL7EB