Re: LEO Vs. HEO

"Barry Murrell" <zr2dx@mweb.co.za> wrote:

> From my perspective , sadly, LEO's are a
non-starter.

Those whose first HEO bird was AO-40 should have been
around during the great glory days of AO-10 and AO-13.
As someone else has stated, my station is also in
mothballs waiting for the next HEO.

I'd like to see a recap of AMSAT NA membership and
fundraising figures over the period of the last ten
years. I suspect that there is a linear relationship
between the membership numbers and the money raised
and the decline and fall of the HEOs.

Jim Kelly, KK3K
former (and perhaps future) AMSAT NA #22420

Jim Kelly, ARS KK3K, TCA 99-49842
STANDARD GAUGE LIST http://groups.yahoo.com/group/standg
Personal Homepage: http://mysite.verizon.net/skeptic491