Apparently some people are having success after constructing the
quadrifilar antenna described at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

The antenna construction file is Quadfil1.zip and describes measurements
for 2M, 435 and wx antennas.  Very inexpensive (the N connector costs more
than the rest of the antenna) and easy to build, but measure the lengths
carefully, particularly at 435, and obviously a short and low loss feed line...

The users keep asking me for gain figures, and I have absolutely none...
Coverage is nearly hemispherical, and estimating 2-3 db at boresite...with
an estimated beamwidth of 150...

I have a narrative for some comparisons at ANTEVAL.TXT.

Be very happy to answer questions.  I've not tried it on AO-51, but it
should work very well reading reports on HT users...I'm very interested in
your successes or failures...

It worked, but producing a very weak signal, when AO40 was at minimum
squint angles...Another reason for me being anxious to do the testing on
P3E..!!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...