Re: the question will always be there, LEO or HEO

Hi All,
My interests were all HEO's until the failure of AO-40. Faced with putting
up a Field Day station last year meant A0-7,FO-29 and SO-50. Got one contact
on SO-50, and PARC got 100 Bonus points. Finding a station that could hear
themselves on FO-29 was to much f a challenge and AO-7 cane up in 10 M mode.
During the winter storms Power was out on the ATV repeaters for a few weeks,
and my interest returned to satellites. When the power returned, A new
distribution transformer  had to be flown to Santiago Peak, I began to
televise my satellite operations.
After working AO-51 while transmitting on the METS ATV repeater I got 3
Amateurs to listen for AO-51, and two are now working the LEO birds. You do
not need an HEO, you do not need SSB to bring in new members.

Orbit times: Just try telling your Wife that you are going to work a
Satellite at 3:00 AM!  AO-51 and FO-29 are available in the late evening
here, which does not cause me any domestic problems. I can sill retire by
11:00 PM, and I am alert the next day at work. Conversely SO-50, and AO-27
show up during my commute time.

In conclusion simple demonstrations, It works for new operators, and
desirable operating times count ten!
HEO, LEO, FM, Mode B, HF are things we can not change in the short term.
Speculation on what makes a successful organization is still just
speculation!
Art, KC6UQH