Re: the question will always be there, LEO or HEO

Hi Joe, no flame suit needed to read this reply hi hi.
Thanks for sharing your views.

you write"
If we would have not flown ECHO, Eagle and P3E would still be on the ground!
How many
 QSOs would that have produced?"

I look at it this way, we would be closer to that vision of having a
satellite in view 24/7, I have had lots of fun with the leo's too fm/ssb but
you might say my passion is with the heo birds. To bad that AMSAT did not
take the survey before building echo first eagle might have gone up first.

domo's are as hard/easy as you want to make them no matter what satellite
you are demo'ing, and home stations can be done on the cheep or one can go
overboard big arrays big dishes big rigs.

I to have been around for awhile and have worked the following satellites
AO-51 AO-40 AO-13 AO-10 A0-27 RS-10 RS-15 RS-12/13 FO-20 FO-29 SO-41 SO-50
SO-35 UO-14 MIR/MIR-R SHUTTLE and have worked the pacsats as well, UO-22
TO-31 KO-23 KO-25 GO-32 (AO-21) was just before I got into ham radio
although I do remember coping it's packet/wefax/and voice tx.

73 Greg N0ZHE